Friday, August 06, 2010

Our Summer Vacation

OK, so we've been back nearly two weeks already and I'm just now posting this. Bad blogger, very bad blogger! We had such a nice, relaxing weekend spent in west Michigan.

We spent our first day on Strawberry Lake in Pinkney, Michigan boating with a friend. The girls had a blast, as you can see...

IMG_5584-Edit560
Untitled-4560
Untitled-7560
Untitled-5560
We rode the dunes in Saugatuck. We also "ran the dunes". Going downhill is a lot of fun. Going uphill is KILLER!! I recommend watching others from the top. ;)
Untitled-3560
Untitled-1560
We strolled around beautiful Saugatuck. I love this little town.
IMG_5730-Edit560
This is a public restroom. A pretty public restroom. ;)
IMG_5733-Edit560
And a highlight of our trip was having dinner with my friend, Kimberley, and her precious family. The kids got along great. And dare I say that a certain little charmer had a wee bit of a crush on two older girls.
Untitled-2560
We spent an afternoon at the beach in Holland. This was Kara's first time to a beach. She loved swimming in the lake.
Untitled-9560
Untitled-8560
We went to Michigan Adventure amusement & water park. I didn't want to lug my camera around all day, so no pictures.

We spent another day at the beach - this time Grand Haven Beach.
Untitled-6
Untitled-11
Untitled-13
And then topped off our week with some evening beach photos.
IMG_5878-Edit-Edit
IMG_5795-Edit
IMG_5821-Edit
IMG_5835-Edit
IMG_5848-Edit-Edit
We had a wonderful week away!

19 comments:

Donna said...

Incredibly cool vacation! Love the water sports and all that sandy fun! Your photos always inspire me work harder on my composition. Love the one of the kids in front of that big water tower! You have such a good eye for this stuff! ;)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Donna said...

Uh.... I mean lighthouse. :)

Sarah said...

The lighthouse pics are my favorites of yours to date. :)

Marla said...

Looks like it was a total blast! I love all the pics of your pretty family. Your girls always look so happy and look like they are the very best of friends. I love that.

Those evening pics are just stunning!!

Jboo said...

Looks like it was wonderful! What a great vacation! Your girls and your photos are so beautiful! Have a fun weekend!

Janet

Jodee said...

Wow! What a fabulous lake vacation! I love, love, love the beach pictures and the matching dresses! Your ladies are just adorable! You are soooo blessed!

Michelle said...

How wonderful! So glad you had a nice vacation.
As always, beautiful photos!
Michelle

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a wonderful vacation! I love all of the pictures and I too love the matching dresses:) My girls won't let me dress them that way much anymore:(

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

it looks like the perfect vacay!

Lea
xo

day by day said...

Ohhhh......I am thrilled that you had such a nice vacation!!! Isn't it wonderful to get away?! What fun pics....especially the tubing ones!

The girls all look so happy, Michelle and they really are so beautiful!!

As always....it was a pleasure to look at all of your gorgeous photos!

have a great week-end!!

love,
Michelle

JG said...

What a fun trip! I love your pictures. You inspire me to get out there with my camera!

Sharon said...

These are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rydley said...

Looks like such fun!!

Love Letters To China said...

What beautiful memories you have captured on your vacation. Looks like everyone had an amazing time.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I had seen a lot of these on FB but was thrilled to see them again! They are treasures and so was this precious time together.

Your family is beautiful, Michelle!

Love you!
Lisa

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Looks like a heavenly vacation!! Love all the pics, just gorgeous!! The tubing looked like a blast!!!

Shirlee McCoy said...

Wow! I love these photos. Thanks for sharing snippets of your vacation.

Sammy said...

I want to be on a beach right now!!

JinXiu said...

what an amazing summer holiday

the smiles on all your faces say it all

when do your girls go back to school?" Its hard to believe the summer is over.

i just returned from 2 weeks in california. lots of pictures to edit, sleep to catch up on and laundry to do.

just checking some of my favorite blogs