Monday, November 08, 2010

A Long Overdue Update

Hello? Hello? Is anyone out there? I have received some really sweet comments of concern sent to my business email address lately, and a couple here on the blog, too - from people who wanted to check and make sure everything was ok, since, as my mother recently reminded me, "the last blog post you did was on August 20!" Rest assured, everything is going very well here. The girls are good, Nolan is good and so am I. I've just become a bit overwhelmed with trying to keep the household and my new business afloat and as much as I didn't want to do it, I decided that blogging needed to be put on the back burner for a little while. It was either blogging or my sanity, given all that I was trying to crunch into my 24 hours. I am sorry if I have caused anyone to be concerned! I'll try to do a quick catch up on the last month or so and then hope to post a bit more regularly, as I am taking the rest of the month and all of December off. WOO HOO!!!! I love my job, I truly do. I am just looking forward to a break from having to juggle family, editing, sessions and all of the never-ending administrative tasks that come with running your own small business. Plus, we have a fun family getaway planned that I hope to blog about in the coming weeks. YAY!

So, here's just a little bit of what we've been up to...

Mia turned 5 in October. Boo hoo hoo. Where has my baby gone? She looks and acts so big - although she is still outrageously funny!

IMG_3656-Edit-copy
She had a cheer-themed birthday party, which turned out to be lots of fun for her and her friends.
IMG_2774-Edit-copy
IMG_2804-copy
IMG_2805-copy
IMG_2868-copy
IMG_2836-copy
IMG_2970-copy

Leila got glasses. I think she partially needed them and partially wanted them because some of her friends have them. :)
IMG_2752-Edit-copy-2

My brother and his family moved from a state away to just 15-minutes away. It is so great to have them so close. We were able to attend a few of Jorge's football games, one of Lucy's soccer games and play lots and lots of four-square over the past couple of months. We visited our favorite pumpkin patch a few weeks ago. And yes, that pose is all Mia. I catch her making this pose in the mirror many mornings. That girl is too funny!!! :)

IMG_3953-copy
IMG_3821-copy
IMG_3799-copy
IMG_3826-copy
My beautiful niece, Lucy.
IMG_3804-copy
And my adorable nephews, Jorge & Joe.IMG_3814-copyIMG_3836-copy
The mini- zip line for Mia.
IMG_3756-copy
The big zip line for Kara and Leila.

IMG_3867-copy
IMG_3876-copy
IMG_3939-copy

And then, of course, there's Halloween. We had a Toy Story "Jessie", a gypsy and a scarecrow pay a visit to our house this year.
IMG_5738-Edit-copy
IMG_5710-Edit-copy
IMG_5729-Edit-Edit-copy
IMG_5595-Edit-copy
IMG_5592-Edit-copy

Scarecrwo2-copy
IMG_5692-Edit-copy
Kara had to work hard to make this "mean" scarecrow face. She kept bursting into laughter.
IMG_5707-Edit-copy

IMG_7299-copy
And our most recent "happening" at our house was a trip to the E.R. yesterday for Mia to get three stitches in her upper lip. She was hit by a flying toy truck in Sunday School yesterday morning. I was so proud of her. She was so big and brave and didn't flinch as she got the stitches. I, on the other hand, almost passed out and ended up kneeling on the floor asking the Dr. to go get my husband for me. Here, my baby girl is taking it like a champ and I couldn't bear the sight of that fish hook (NOT what I was expecting!!) going through her sweet little lip. Fortunately, Mia was concentrating so hard on staying still, I don't think she even noticed that my words of encouragement were coming from the floor and not beside her. lol!

We still ended up making it to a Chinese tea party a little over an hour later. Mia and her friends learned some history of tea and were able to pour their own and sample three different kinds. Then, they worked on a craft project. It was such a fun little play date/party for the girls.
IMG_8389-Edit-copy
IMG_8397-copy
IMG_8409-copy
IMG_8408-copy
IMG_8431-copy

Well, that's it for now. Thanks again to those who reached out to check in on us. I'm sorry that I had anyone worried. I'll try to do better.

14 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

I can totally understand the absence from blogging. It's hard to fit everything into one 24 hr day. Looks like you've been keeping yourself very busy. Your girls look amazing. Love their Halloween costumes. Hope you're able to relax during your time off with the family.

Grace

Anonymous said...

"encouragement from the floor" is hysterical....I love the Halloween
pics. All pics are great but some of those are new to me.

Robin said...

G.R.E.A.T pictures & I totally understand being absent from the blog world. I am having such a hard time finding enough time in the day to get everything done & I only one a little toddler.

Love your E.R. re-cap ... I must admit that I did giggle when you mention your words of encouragement were from the floor. As a nurse I sometimes forget just how big that "fish hook" is.

Jboo said...

Oh my - great update!! Thanks for sharing all about your fam and kiddos -- those girls are adorable and that Mia --so brave!!

Janet

Gail said...

Beautiful post and pictures to match. Though I've missed you Michelle, I really understand why you've been gone.

Mia is a trooper, and having been on both sides as a nurse and then a mom of a little girl(Grace) who was also in the ER with stitches. I can SOOOO relate. Sometimes I think these events are much harder on the mammas.

Sharon said...

So happy to see an update! The girls look BEAUTIFUL in every single photo. Very fun post....aside from the stitches. Poor thing..and you too!

Alyson and Ford said...

Welcome back! Love the photo of your three Halloween cuties! Great costumes! Thanks for the updates.
Enjoy your time off from work and all the family fun!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! You're back!! I knew you were OK since I checked up on you on Facebook - but I do miss "seeing" the girls!!! Glad to have you back to blogland my friend:)

HUGS, Ashley

Molly's Mom said...

Glad you are back! I've missed you. Well, I actually see you all of the time, but I miss your blogs. Hope that your upcoming time off recharges your batteries. Relax and enjoy.

Rydley said...

Glad you're doing well!! It's great to see all the updated pictures. Have you read the Fancy Nancy book, Spectacular Spectacles? Reminds me of Leila.

I would be the same way with stitches, I'm sure. I feel for you! Go Mia!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, how I have missed you. Glad y'all are doing well and that the wonders (and stitches) of life are all that has kept you from blogging.

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Nice to see you back!! The girls are getting so big!!

We have been home a week from China and all is going well.

Katrina said...

Good to see you again!!! O yes we all missed you very much! Pictures are a lot of fun like always!

Steffie B. said...

Totally darling.....I headly have the time to blog anymore either.....life gets busy.....enjoy the holiday season! ;)

Hugs,
Steffie