Sunday, April 04, 2010

Our EXTRA Special Easter!!

Easter is an extremely special day all on its own, but today was extra special. We do all of the traditional Easter weekend festivities, but we also make sure the girls know the real reason we celebrate Easter: that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again!! Please be sure and scroll down to the bottom of this post to see what made this day extra special for our family.

Yesterday morning started with an Easter Egg Hunt at the club - another first for Kara. We were so happy my mom was able to join us for the entire weekend.

IMG_6570-Edit
Mia also had a first - she decided she was no longer afraid of the Easter bunny, and instead, wanted to get her picture taken with him multiple times.
IMG_6598-Edit2
IMG_6605-Edit2
And no, that's not our house in the background. :)
IMG_6583-Edit3
The girls painted eggs.
IMG_6699-Edit2
But the best part of the weekend was that Leila chose to be baptized this morning. Nolan and I both grew up in a Methodist church, but when searching for a new church after moving back to town, we found a Baptist church that we LOVE. The pastors are wonderful, as are the people. And I really like the fact that you are not baptized until you have made the personal decision to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior - something Leila did a couple months ago. This morning, Leila made a public confession of her faith by being baptized in front of the congregation. I am so proud of her. She does a great job with her bible studies and learning her verses. (And my husband makes a great teacher!)

Another thing I love about our church is that they allow loved ones to immerse you, should you choose. This was such a special day in Leila's life and Nolan was able to be the one to be there with her. What a proud moment for him!!

Nolan, Leila and our pastor are all smiles after Leila slipped getting in the water. Fortunately, she was not hurt and just laughed about it instead of being embarrassed.
IMG_6722

"Leila, have you accepted Jesus into your heart and do you love the Lord?," asks our paster.
"Yes!", replied Leila.
IMG_6729
Let's celebrate!
IMG_6735
Such a proud parent moment.
IMG_6741

HAPPY EASTER!!

25 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Wow! That is an extra special Easter. The photos of your daughter being baptized made me tear up!

Have a blessed day!

3 Peanuts said...

This is so special. Congratulations to Leila! I know you must be so happy!

JG said...

So wonderful! I was baptized three Easters ago :) Congratulations to you all :)

Small Stones said...

My heart is just bursting for your family! What a special Easter! How proud you all must be for Leila! That is just wonderful. :) I loved the pictures of her being baptized by her father. What a special experience that must have been for them.

And your pictures of the girls hunting eggs are just BEAUTIFUL! You have such pretty daughters. :) Congratulations to Leila and your family. Happy Easter! :D

Jen said...

And all God's people said......."AMEN"!!!!!!!!

Michelle, I know you and Nolan are SO proud!!!

Julia said...

Oh geesh, that big, wet hug got me all choked up. I grew up Catholic but also attend a baptist church and like you love the tradition of being baptized after there is a real understanding of Christianity. Congratulations to Leila and your whole family!

day by day said...

Oh, my goodness!!! Special, INDEED!!! What a wonderful day!! I grew up Methodist/Presbyterian but switched to a Baptist church about 7 years ago. I love it!! Although I was baptized as a baby and went through confirmation, I am going to be immersion baptized at our church next month and I am so excited. : )

Looks like you had lots to celebrate this Easter! Happy Easter, my friend!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a beautiful post!!!!!! Congratulations to Leila and to your family!!!! How special!!! Michelle your mother is so beautiful!!! I know where you get your gorgeous looks from : )

Stefanie said...

Congratulations to Leila!! How wonderful!! Definitely something to celebrate :)
Happy HAPPY Easter!!

Jill said...

Very special indeed!! Happy Easter Michelle and family and CONGRATS on your baptism Leila!

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations Leila! Jesus loves you.

Kim said...

How awesome...welcome to the family of God my sister Leila! My Ashley went forward on an Easter Sunday and made the decision to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior. What a special day!

Kim

Wanda said...

Wonderful. You must be so proud. And what a perfect day to make this public statement.

Heather said...

I LOVE this Easter for your family!! I LOVE that her daddy was part of the immersion! Thank you so much for sharing this special moment with all of us.

And way to go Mia...the bunny is your friend!

Love you all
Heather

Ashia said...

how sweet that leila was baptized on easter sunday!!!! i know you are so proud of her! what a cutie!

Gail said...

I know you must be so proud of your girl...and Congratulations Leila!!!

Beautiful pics!

Missy said...

Oh my word!!! What an amazing day for Leila and your family! I know you must be so proud about her decision to ask Jesus into her heart. What a wonderful experience for Nolan and the pic of him hugging her...melt.my.heart!

ellieshine said...

What a special Easter! None of my 4children have been baptized yet - I can only imagine the joy :)

Stacy said...

Congrats to Leila! What a special day for all of you!

Tisha said...

I can't think of a better Easter! What a wonderful day to be baptized. You must be so proud of Leila! It seems like you all had a perfect day!
Hugs,
Tisha

Rydley said...

Glad you had such an extra special Easter celebration!

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

Wow!! Just seeing your pictures brought the story of her baptism to life, it brought tears to my eyes. We too go to a Baptist church with the same beliefs...isn't it wonderful! Taya and Kya love AWANA and have done wonderful learning the true reason to the holidays!

mommy24treasures said...

how wonderful! Praise the Lord! I know you are so proud of your sweet girl. What a perfect Ressurection Sunday!!!!!

Cammie said...

What a beautiful Easter weekend! And beautiful testimony made by your daughter!

Friend and Family of praying 4 U always said...

Tears in my eyes! Praise the Lord- what a wonderful day!