Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Weekend & Adoption Update

What a fantastic weekend!! Debbie was an AMAZING instructor and our group of ladies was so much fun... and talented!!! On top of that, Ian and LiLi were quite the adorable and professional models. Oh, they were so cute!! (Ahem, I mean handsome, Ian.)

I have a super busy work week this week, from morning until night, so I won't be able to pop around Blogland until late this week, but I did want to post a few pics from the weekend and share some great news. On Friday, we got an email from our agency that Da Xin's visa application went through, so we are 2-3 weeks away from TA, meaning 4-6 weeks away from travel. Four - 6 weeks!!! (Assuming there are no delays due to the H1N1 virus.) Have you ever felt so excited and so very nervous at the exact same time? Well, that's how I am feeling. I can't wait to meet our girl... to hold her in my arms... to just be with her. Yet, at the same time, I have major butterflies. She's turning 11 in 15 days. I'm about to become a mother of an 11-year old!! Yet, I know...

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13


Flower1-14


Flower1-18


Flower1-26

Click on any of the photos to go to my Flickr photostream, or click on the slideshow below if you want to see more pics from the weekend. (Click on the four arrows in the corner to enlarge.)



20 comments:

Gail said...

Congrats Michelle, I'm so happy for you! You'll be leaving soon for your little girl.

Your pics are beautiful. You're a gifted photographer and I enjoyed meeting you this weekend and getting to know you a little bit. Loved our adventures in Ann Arbor looking for the botanical gardens...LOL! And finally, your daughters are very blessed to have you as a mother. Can't wait to follow your journey in China.

hugs to you my friend,
Gail

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so glad you'll be traveling soon! And now I'm even more tempted to sign up for a future PFP weekend.

Lori Lynn said...

You did fantastic! I love all the great pictures you took. Isn't Debbie awesome! I just got a tripod for Mother's Day. I am gonna have to try it out. Your evening shot was amazing.

Lori Lynn

Congrats on the impending TA!

day by day said...

Wonderful pics, Michelle!! I am so glad you had a nice photography week-end.

I am soooo excited to hear your good news!! Getting close, my friend...getting close!!! woohoo!!

Jboo said...

Beautiful photos and so excited for your news of travel in the not too distant future! Sweet!!

Janet

LaLa said...

YAY on the good news!!! So excited for you!!

The pics are great and I am so happy you had a good weekend!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This is SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!! 4-6 weeks..OMG....you will be there in NO TIME!!!

I talked to Debbie Sunday night and she said that the workshop was a huge success and so much fun with all you ladies!! I have really enjoyed all the pictures of the city life and the two cuties...LiLi and Ian!!

Hope you are enjoying some time with your two little girls...I am sure they missed you while you were gone:)

Have a great week!

Lisa

Marla said...

Great shots!!! I'm glad you had fun, I am so excited about the upcoming workshop in Dallas.

I don't know if you got my email, but I'd love to talk to you about our girls! :)

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! I can't believe that you will be forever family in such a "short" time!!

I will be praying for quick travel:)

Hugs, Ashley

fleur de lis cottage said...

Awesome news on the TA and awesome, awesome pics. You're a pro girl!!

Rebecca Lily said...

Wow Michelle!! SO CLOSE!! I have butterflies in my stomach WITH you!! Can't imagine all the emotions going through you right now. The verse is so appropriate - HE will give you strength to do ALL things - no matter what the future brings!

I love the pics from the workshop. That Debbie is pretty amazing. :)

xoxo
R

Stacy said...

Wow! I can't believe it Michelle only 4 - 6 more weeks! I'm SO happy for you!!!!!

Marla said...

What great news!
Glad you had a great time and the pictures aint bad either! What an exciting time in your life, I cant wait to follow your journey.

Crystal Oh said...

GREAT news on the travel update!

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Michelle, what exciting news. I have a friend who is about to be matched with a 8-10 year old, I would love to put her in touch with you, as she should be traveling in about 8 weeks.
Your photos are lovely!!
Love Jules
xxxx

Michelle said...

How wonderful that you will soon be in China to meet your daughter!!!

Rydley said...

Yes, that is SO SOON!!! How exciting! And I'm glad you had a little weekend fun because you'll be a lot busier soon no doubt!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Michelle congrats!!! You'll will be leaving before you know it!!! How exciting. I love 11 year olds. I love the teenage years too...I know crazy me : )
The pictures are beautiful!!!!

I loved spending time with you. You are so much fun!!!!

I can't wait to follow your journey : )

{{{{{hug}}}}

Amie said...

Michelle-

I have not been around in bloggy land, and I have missed soooo much!
I cannot believe that she is almost home. just.cannot.believe it. That phone call when I found out about her, seems like yesterday. I CANNOT wait to meet her!!

beautiful pics, as always!

hugs to you dear friend! miss you!
:)
Amie

Sharon said...

4-6 weeks!!!!! WOW!!!!