Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Little Flower Girl & Fun Weekend Plans

Mia and I planted flowers Monday night while Leila was at soccer practice and she was such a good little helper. She wore her little D*ora gloves and helped hand all my flowers to me and break up the soil with her little shovel. She could water plants all day long if I let her. She was cracking me up because she leaned over to smell the flowers and her nose kept getting deeper and deeper into the pot, almost into the dirt. Of course, I had to run and grab my camera. She just keeps me laughing all day long. She is such a riot. I am amazed at how, at age 3, she has this impeccable comedic timing. (At least in these Mama's eyes.) If she grows up and does stand-up, it would not surprise me one bit. lol

IMG_8730



IMG_8731



IMG_8733

I planted lots of these. I have high hopes to have fresh flowers in my kitchen all summer long. (I have those same high hopes every year and it never happens.)

IMG_8744-2

IMG_8743

IMG_8742

Oh, how I love this girl!!

I'm headed up north tomorrow for Debbie's photography workshop in Ann Arbor. I am SO excited to meet Debbie, Steffie, Gail and Colleen, and it looks like there will be many other great ladies as well. Plus, a whole weekend of photography - oh my word!! Unfortunately, I signed up before we got Leila's soccer schedule and I will be missing four tournament games. :( Her team placed first in the last tournament, so I'm really sorry to miss her play. She has really made great improvements this spring and I know I'm going to miss some of her "sick" moves, as her coach calls them. I told Nolan he needs to text me with the play-by-play and video tape as much as he can, but I know there will be plenty more tournaments in my future that I'll be sure not to miss.

I'm also excited that I got a new toy to try out this weekend. I stopped by the camera store during my little shopping spree last weekend and the Canon reps just happened to be there. Oh boy, am I in trouble when the Canon reps are there!! I got myself a pretty red ring and let's just say I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon with this super-expensive hobby. I'm going to take it out for a little test drive this weekend to make sure I like it, but so far, so good. The pink flower in this post is SOOC (straight out of camera) and the other pictures are pretty darn close. I am really looking forward to learning tons from the Pixel Fairy Princess herself and the other ladies this weekend! I hope you all have fun weekend plans!

IMG_8751

15 comments:

day by day said...

Wow, Michelle...these pictures are beautiful!! The colors are sooo vibrant and of course your little helper is just the cutest!

How fun to be going to a photography workshop, but I have to say that you take some of the best pics I have ever seen! Have lots of fun...I know you will!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness....I am super jealous of your new lense! I am hoping to get one for my birthday! hehe :)

Love the photos of your little angel and those shots of the marigolds are awesome! :) I am growing some too and I think they're the only thing not close to dieing! haha :)

Terry said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Colors just jump out, and your daughter makes it better for good shots. You are so talented. Have a great weekend with your new lense

Sarah said...

Now that's one fine piece of glass. :) Can't wait to see what you take with it!

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the color and subjects too!
I need to practice with our new camera....
Have a great weekend!

Alyzabeth's mommy

Faye said...

Have a great time at your workshop, Michelle.
The pictures are gorgeous. And so is that little Mia.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Have FUN!!!! I'm thinking about signing up for one of her future workshops. And here's my ever-present whine that I know hardly any bloggers. Have fun with the other ladies. And I can't wait to see the results.

LaLa said...

Love all of these!!! Congrats on the newest addition : )

Have a great weekend...I've had the pleasure of meeting Steffie and Colleen and I shared a DTC group back in 2005 so I "know" her too. I follow Gail and many others you will meet...sooooo jealous!!!

Stacy said...

Have fun! Mia's adorable as usual. Love the flowers! Have a great time...and I love the new lense. I may have to put that on my list :)

Lori Lynn said...

Oh, I am so jealous. That lens looks dreamy.

You are going to have a wonderful time with Debbie. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures.

Lori W

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love those cute pics of your flower girl. Have a great weekend....how fun to hang with all those fellow bloggers and learn from Debbie as well.

MissJubilee said...

Tee hee, she looks like she's *in* the pot in that first picture, with the porch rails partly hiding her legs! Very cute photos :)

mommy24treasures said...

oh I know you are going to love the workshop.
I would have to leave that beautiful birdnest below! It adds beauty to it! SO pretty!

debi9kids said...

WOW! Amazing photos!!!! That camera is fantastic and your eye is even better. You get the best shots!!!!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi Michelle,
I haven't been by here lately and just love all the new photos.

Wow, new lens too. Great photos, crisp, clear and clean. I am pondering a new one too, not sure Nikon's lenses are soooo expensive.

Well, maybe I'll just be patient and wait! I'd rather take another PFP workshop!

Ivy