Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Iris

What a week!! It is tough when I have multiple days of meetings that go into the evening. Fortunately, this doesn't happen often with my job, but it does happen occassionally. I am so thankful for my mom who takes such great care of the girls when Nolan and I have to be at the same meetings and dinners. (Thanks, Mom!! We love you!!)

I was looking forward to capturing Leila outside tonight standing in the iris that have bloomed in the front of our house. Unfortunately, they don't last long, so I need to catch them when I can. Of course, I think the real beauty here is Leila. The iris just make a nice setting.

IMG_9181-3 e

(I need lots more practice with backlit photos.)

IMG_9203 e

IMG_9236 e

It may be a few days before I can post again, so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a very brown thumb, but I have some chocolate irises that Kevin's aunt gave us and by some miracle... they continue to grow in our clay-like soil. Ours aren't ready to bloom... but will in a week or two. After viewing your beautiful photos tonight, I'm eagerly awaiting for the arrival of the blooms!

Tonight at family dinner... I was commenting to my mother how badly Hannah needs her hair cut, and I can't decide if I should have bangs cut in or let them grow all one length. My mother said... I'd like her hair to look like the little girl that has the Russian born sister, with the Mama that takes beautiful photography. I wonder who she was talking about??? :)

Mia's hair is beautiful... and shines so much in her photos!

I think Hannah is getting bangs. Stay at home Daddy just isn't interested in "doing hair" most days. Sigh.

I'll go back to contemplating world peace now. :)

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL photos!
BEAUTIFUL kiddos!
Girl, you have it all!
Hugs, Jill

Tisha said...

Hi Michelle,

I feel bad that I haven't been keeping up with you but I'm glad that I saw this post of beautiful pictures. You are right! Leila is the real beauty!!!!!! After next week when school is out, I'll have more time for blogging. Yeah! Enjoy your weekend and the iris while they last.

Blessings,
Tisha

Leslie said...

So Gorgeous Michelle. Your photography is so beautiful. Love that lens by the way.
Have a nice weekend.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is beautiful....and so are the flowers:)

It has been non stop here for the last three weeks.....we are all looking forward to a long three day weekend.....Enjoy yours:)

Lisa

fleur de lis cottage said...

Beautiful photos of Leila and the Iris.

The last one looks very "Van Gogh".

Happy Memorial Day!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Michelle the pictures are so beautiful!!!!! I loved spending time with you and getting to know you : ) We had such a good time!!!!! I hope you can make the Chicago workshop. I can't wait to follow along on your journey.