Monday, December 07, 2009

Weekend Festivities

We had such a nice weekend. On Saturday morning, we had our local FCC chapter's annual Christmas party. They have several tables set up with gifts from China, so I told Leila and Kara they could take their money with them. They have been working hard to save up their money and I think it's a great lesson for them to start learning how to prioritize and make wise choices about what they really want. Leila and Kara must have visited each table a dozen times before finally parting with their cold, hard cash. So, not only did we have a great morning visiting with friends, the girls each came home proudly carrying their purchases.

IMG_7813

My kids ADORE these beauties in red. Alex and Abby are so special to our family.

IMG_7787

Saturday night, Nolan and the girls took me out for my birthday dinner. Yep, by the time I push publish on this post, it will be December 7, which makes me a year older and another year wiser. Well, at least one of the two. I had to miss church this morning because I have done something to my back and was having a lot back pain. (Apparently that's what happens when you get old!!) Fortunately, the pain subsided by my afternoon photo shoot, followed by a fun annual tradition - decorating a gingerbread house at our club. My friend, Laurie, helped make and embroider the girls' names on matching aprons and I surprised them with the aprons tonight. I am so happy with how they turned out. (Thanks, Laurie!!!)

IMG_8312

IMG_8322

IMG_8331

Voila! The finished project...

IMG_8341

IMG_8342

IMG_8344

IMG_8345

IMG_8346

I hope you have a great week!

21 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, I am now going to call you SUPERMOM! You are so on the ball Michelle! I LOVE the aprons, and would have loved to see the girls faces when they recieved them!

I had to laugh when I saw the walls in the background of your gingerbread house (which is beautiful girls, BTW!.) That is EXACTLY what is on the living room walls of our condo. Looks nice with the Christmas decorations, but not sure I am in love with it!
Glad you had such a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun!

I've been following your blog for a few weeks now and I just want to say how great it is that you and your husband chose to adopt! Your girls seem so great and you two are such awesome parents! I enjoy your stories.

Mahitable said...

YOu and the GIRLS are TOO MUCH! Alwys COORDINATED! YOu are just TOO MUCH! Whenever I want a LIFT in my day- I check out your antics! Don't have kids- never wanted them- but I was also adopted by the BEST MOM in the WORLD! she's gone now, but I get to relive it all with you! You're one in a million! THe girls are ADORABLE!!

Stefanie said...

Love the aprons, you are one multi-talented lady!!
Just like you, trying to squeeze in your big news amongst your family Christmas festivities...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope it was a wonderful one and that your back is acting properly again soon!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

The aprons are fabulous and the girls look just adorable! I also love them in all gray!
Hope your back feels better soon.

~Lynn

Stacy said...

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it feels much better for your birthday today!! What a great family picture! Sorry we missed the party Sat. Would have been nice to see everyone! Hope to see you soon!

Shanti said...

your girls are just *beautiful*! the gingerbread house looks great! a lot better than ours turned out. =)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Michelle first of all Happy Birthday my friend : )
The girls look so adorable!!!! Love the silver outfits!!! And I really love the aprons...so please share where you ordered them from..: )

Rachel said...

I LOVE the aprons! You are just amazing. I am so impressed by the gingerbread house - your girls did a great job.

Looks like a fun weekend for all!

Have a good week and, of course, a very happy birthday!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What a great Gingerbread house and love those aprons!!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love the matching outfits and aprons...all too cute! And the gingerbread house is awesome!!

Happy Birthday :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!

Oh my word....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the matching aprons....they are so cute!!

Hope you had a wonderful day:)

xo,

Lisa

Marla said...

Happy Birthday!! You are one super duper mom, thats for sure! The girls are adorable in their matching outfits.
I hope your back feels better soon, no fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my friend! Hope you had a wonderful day:)

Hugs!

day by day said...

LOVE all of these pictures!

love the red aprons...

love the girls with Santa

love your gorgeous tree and your 3 blessings standing in front of it!

love the picture of your girls with their friends....the gray and red outfits look so pretty together!

love,
~m

day by day said...

oh, and Happy Birthday, again!! : )

Dawn S. said...

wonderful pictures! it made me wish I was there with an apron on!!! hee hee!

Rydley said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry about your back though! Glad you were able to feel well enough to decorate a house later...what fun! We just bought one for the girls to decorate and I think they'll enjoy it.

Love the aprons too! They'll get lots of use I'm sure!

Sharon said...

Awesome gingerbread house!

Happy birthday wise one !

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE the aprons...they are beautiful!!!!