Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Prayer Request

I am heartbroken. Nolan is heartbroken. And halfway around the world sits a young girl in an orphanage that may also be heartbroken. Nolan and I and the girls were so looking forward to hosting a 14-year old girl from Ukraine at the end of March for 10 days. When we originally heard about the hosting program, we had wanted to host a girl close in age to Leila. However, when we read about this specific girl, our hearts just melted. We felt God was pulling us to her. We started making plans for all the fun things we were going to do while she was here. We were even talking about having her come back for the summer... and other future plans... and we hadn't even met her yet! When we decided to do this a couple of weeks ago, I found a new skip in my step. We were truly excited about this opportunity. Unfortunately, we found out today that the orphanage director has changed her mind and now won't allow children from her orphanage to partipate in this program. There were other children impacted, too. We don't fully understand why she made this decision and we certainly cannot comprehend how she thinks it is best for the children! The horrible thing is that this girl (I don't want to use her name) has already been told that we selected her to come stay with us. How devastating! Our hearts are heavy this evening. We are not sure what to do. We are not yet sure what we can do. Please pray for this lovely young girl that sits in a Ukranian orphange. Please pray that she finds a forever family before it is too late.

5 comments:

Rydley said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope that the director changes her mind or that another solution is figured out for this girl (and your family).

Jake and Taryn said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. You know that she must be as devestated as you all are. I will certainly be praying for her and for your family.

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am so sorry for the entire situation. I pray for a miracle turn around right now.

LaLa said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. It really makes no sense. I hope something changes to make this happen for all of you

Carrie said...

Hi. I just found your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your host situation. I know this must be terribly difficult to grasp.

I also have a daughter from Russia. She is 4 and a half. We are awaiting a court date to go get our son also from Russia.

Your family is beautiful.

I will be thinking of your family and that precious girl in Ukraine.