Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Now, I must admit to buying into the commercialization of Christmas. I have loved buying gifts as long as I can remember, and it certainly has only increased since having two children to buy lots of girly things. Excessive might be a word that comes to mind when looking at all the presents that surround our tree. Having said that, we're also trying to teach the girls the real reason we celebrate Christmas. On this Christmas Eve, I wanted to post the last verse of one of my favorite songs, "Merry Christmas" by Third Day - a song about a family waiting to bring home their daughter from China. These are the perfect lyrics to wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family, enjoying the true meaning behind this special time of year!
Christmas is a time to celebrate the Holy Child
and we celebrate His perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give His life and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with Him above
It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms,
And I'll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: