Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a Difference One Year Makes

Today we celebrate the one year anniversary of Mia's "Gotcha Day" in China. Oh, how time flies when you are having fun! I can't even begin to imagine our lives without Mia. She is a world away from the sad, scared little girl that was placed into my arms one year ago today. For those first two weeks, being in my arms was the last place she wanted to be. I am so glad those days are a distant memory, but I am thankful for the journey she needed to take to get to where she is today... an extremely active, vibrant, happy little girl that lights up a room with her smile... and a girl firmly attached to her mommy, daddy and big sister. I count my blessings each and every day for the gift of adoption and the two children God has chosen for us.

Today vs. One Year Ago

No comments: