Monday, February 05, 2007

I Love My Room. I Just Don't Want to Sleep in It.

Dear Mommy and Daddy,
I know that since tomorrow is my two-month anniversary being home with you, you are probably going to try to get me to sleep in my room again. I mean, I like standing in my crib and bouncing up and down in my crib. I just don't want to sleep in my crib. And I really like climbing on the step stools in my room and dumping the books off my bookshelf in my room. I just don't want to sleep in my room. I know that Mommy has like 50+ hours of Tivo'd shows to watch on the tv in "our" bedroom and you are both tired of showering in the guest bathroom. But, I have to be honest with you. I've got a pretty sweet deal sleeping in the pack-n-play beside your bed. You know I'm not sleeping through the night yet, although you have to admit that I'm doing a lot better at putting myself back to sleep those three or four times a night. But for that one time each night that I wake up screaming, I don't have to wait the extra four seconds for you to walk down the hallway. I also know that Mommy gets up like a gazillion times during the night to check on me and make sure I'm ok. How convenient is it that I'm right there beside you? So, I know you're going to give the bedroom thing another shot this week, but know one thing... I'm not going to make it easy on you. You may just have to settle on these absolutely adorable pictures of me in my room for another couple of weeks.

Love,
Mia





p.s. I know that I'm not supposed to pull the toilet paper off the roll, but I have no other use for this stuff right now and it's just too darn fun!

No comments: