Thursday, December 21, 2006

Here are a few things about Mia...
1. She LOVES to sing. Is she singing any words? No. Is it pretty? Most of the time. Is it funny? Absolutely!
2. She likes to dance by swaying back and forth to the music. She especially likes to do this in her car seat because it gets lots of giggles out of mommy. She looks like a little bobblehead doll.
3. She likes to fake cough and fake choke because she knows mommy will pat her on the back. It's quite funny to see this little 14-month old cough her fake egh, egh, egh. The fake choking... not so funny.
4. She likes to put anything and everything in her mouth. Shoes, socks... pretty much anything that has mega germs on it. I spend 99% of my time pulling things out of her mouth and telling her "boo" ("No" in Chinese). Let me tell you, the trip to COSI's Kidspace this morning was a joy. Those little sponge balls are just nasty, which made Mia love them that much more.
5. I have a Russian gymnast and a Chinese acrobat under one roof. Mia sits on my tummy with her legs straight out in front of her and leans forward to give me kisses and her body is completely flat. She's flexible beyond belief.
6. In Mia's eyes, kisses can be exchanged for gentle head-butting. Both are her ways of showing affection and they are equally accepted by me.
7. Next to putting things in her mouth, her second favorite thing to do is dump things on the ground. Her absolute favorite is the dollhouse bookshelf in her room. It's just loaded with books to drop on the ground... one by one. She's learning to put things back on the shelf and build things up, though, as proven in the photo above. (Although she strongly feels dumping is far more fun!)
8. She is a good napper (yeah!), which is why I can post these pictures during the daytime. When she wakes up from her nap, she likes to talk to herself for a while. I sometimes lie beside her and pretend to be asleep just so I can listen to her cute little baby babble.
9. Finally, she's just an absolute doll and we couldn't be any happier. I hope I've already painted that picture.

No comments: