Monday, November 20, 2006

We're packed!

Packing for this trip started two weeks ago and finally ended tonight. We're supposed to pack light, but Mia's stuff ended up taking one of the big suitcases! We leave tomorrow (Tuesday) evening for China!!! It's finally here! We land on Thursday afternoon and spend a few days sightseeing in Beijing. On Sunday, we fly to Nanjing and we get Mia on Monday. We can't wait!!

With Leila, I took private Russian lessons. They were so valuable when we were in Russia. This time, I opted for CDs, but really didn't like the one I bought. I downloaded another Mandarin audio book and I was going to listen on the plane. Waiting until the last minute... just like cramming for an exam. Unfortunately, I just found out tonight my iPod isn't working and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's not even a month old! It looks like I may be learning as I go on this trip.

This time tomorrow and we will have been in the air 4 1/2 hours. YEAH!!!

(OK, I'm updating this in China. I had to put a little plug in for Apple. I took my iPod to the Apple store and they replaced it no questions asked and without a receipt. I was able to listen to my in flight Mandarin lessons! Thanks, Apple!)

No comments: