Thursday, November 23, 2006

We Arrived!

Happy Thanksgiving! We arrived in Beijing around 2:15 p.m. today and at our hotel around 5:00 p.m. - about an hour ago. We had some challenges when we landed, but we made it safe and sound. Nolan and I ended up having to get from the airport to the hotel on our own!

We are beyond exhausted. We have been traveling for 36 hours - 23 1/2 of them in the air! I miscalculated the time zones and our three flights totalled 23 1/2 hours; not 18 as I originally thought. In fact, LA to Guangzhou was 15 1/2 hours alone! Our hotel is very nice. We don't have to go to the business office because we have free high speed Internet connection in our room. That's nice.

We ordered room service as soon as we arrived (hamburger and fries). How's that for our first real food in China? We're too tired to figure out what else to order. I was so starved and couldn't figure out why. It's because the last time I ate was lunch at 9:00 a.m. this morning at the Guangzhou Airport. My internal clock is so messed up! It's 6:00 p.m. and we're headed off to sleep. I'll write more tomorrow. We meet the other families at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow and go to the Great Wall & the Summer Palace.

Mom and Dad - Please give Leila big hugs and kisses from us. Please tell her we love her and miss her very much.

1 comment:

mom said...

Michelle and Nolan,
Glad to hear you made it. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I hope you have good weather for the wall. It is an amazing sight. Can you believe today is Alex's 6 month adoption day anniversary? Enjoy ~ Missy