Monday, November 09, 2009

Kara Gets Pampered In Style

My weekend consisted of three photo shoots, one ladies' night out, one end-of-season soccer party, four Chinese classes and one afternoon of pampering for Kara. Whew! Busy, busy, but lots of fun.

Kara was invited by a friend to go to a local kids' salon to get a mani, pedi and hair updo on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't sure what her reaction would be, as Kara originally told us she didn't like anything girly or fancy. Well, four months in this girly house and it doesn't surprise me that I have seen a gradual shift in her tastes, but I still wasn't sure if a couple hours getting the spa treatment would be a bit much. It's not that I ever thought she would dislike it, but I wasn't sure how much she would really enjoy it, if that makes sense. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Kara loved every moment! The best part for me was when she was getting a pedicure. She couldn't stop laughing because she was so ticklish. For the updo, she chose the "princess" hairstyle. After she was finished, she said, "Look, Mom, I look like Tinkerbell!" And best of all, she got to enjoy this experience with two friends.

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-2

The beautiful host, Bai Hua.

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-4

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-5

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-8

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)

And another beauty, Wen...

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-7

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-9

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-15

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-12

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-10

One princess, one pop star and one diva... all three gorgeous!!

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-16

Thanks, Bai Hua (and mom, Tracy), for such a fun afternoon! I think I enjoyed it just as much as Kara did!

Sweet&Sassy (1 of 1)-17

20 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Michelle! What a FUN day! Glad Kara enjoyed it!! (And you as well!)

Rachel said...

What a fun day! All 3 girls are just gorgeous!

Stefanie said...

I am so glad to hear Kara decided to join in and then had so much fun!! Being a girl ROCKS :)
Beautiful, all three of them!!

Jodee said...

It looks like Kara enjoyed her first spa experience! Cute pictures!

Gail said...

Beauty times 3! How fun, so happy Kara loved it...

Great pics! :)

LaLa said...

What fun and what gorgeous girls!!

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

san ge MEI Nui, Three beauties!

Marla said...

Wow! The girls are gorgeous! Looks like one fun day.

Jboo said...

Wow -- that looks like it was so much fun! And they are all beautiful girls!

Janet

Sammy said...

Wow! They looked pretty!

Lori Lynn said...

That looks like so much fun! It is a treat to see Kara enjoy herself like that. I think I will have to do this with my girls when they get a little bit older.

Your pictures are fantastic too!

mommy24treasures said...

my goodness what absolutely beautiful girls!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh it sure looked like she loved every minute of her spa day!!!

Glad you were able to capture the day for us.........the pictures are beauitful as are the girls:)

Have a great week!!

Lisa

a Tonggu Momma said...

Okay, so I'm one with the Kara-before attitude - not my cup of tea at all. (People actually touching my feet?!?!! Ack!!) But I love that Kara fell in love with the experience. And I love that she's developed friendships so that she was able to share the experience. Gorgeous girls with gorgeous hearts!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Wow, what a busy weekend! Looks like the older girls has a blast. You might have started something, watch out! ha

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

How fun!!!!! Michelle I have to tell you that Kara is so beautiful!!!! She gets more and more beautiful every time I look at one of her pictures (if thats possible) : )

Rydley said...

What a fun time for Kara! And what a terrific salon for doing such fun up-dos for the girls! Glad she loved it.

Stacy said...

OH my goodness what sweet girls. I love all the grins and giggles!

Shawnstribe said...

oh wow, they are soooo stunning!!!!!
what a wonderful day
xxx
s

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Michelle~

So glad Kara and her beautiful friend got to be pampered in style. Makes me want to be a young girl again...Okay, maybe not. :-)

So happy to be catching up on your posts. They always make me smile.

Love you,
Lisa