Monday, December 08, 2008

Three Parties & More

Leila brought home a little bear for a school project and she had to take him with her everywhere she went and journal about our activities. Let's just say she had a serious wrist cramp after writing about our weekend. It went a bit like this...

Friday night was spent in our kitchen preparing for a party at our house on Saturday evening. Leila, Mia and J the Bear all wore aprons to help.

20081206_5

Saturday morning, we went to our local FCC chapter's annual Christmas party.

20081206_16

The pancakes were served by flipping them onto your plate. This was Leila's favorite part of the party. She could have done this all day. (And BTW, the unfortunate pancake casualties on the floor are thanks to Miss Mia. Leila was quite the catcher.)

20081206_50

Leila telling Santa her secret wishes.

20081206_98

Mia looking at me in disgust when I ask her again if she wants to go see Santa.

20081206_92

But when Santa leaves, jolly Miss Mia is back!

20081206_116

Then it was back home to finish preparing for our party Saturday night. I was making garlic bubble bread, which not only doubled in size when we went to the party, but I'm guessing it was more like quadrupled. It looked so funny, I should have taken a picture of my two overflowing pans of dripping, buttery bread dough. So overflowing, in fact, that it started to seriously smoke in the oven, filling my kitchen with smoke three hours before guests were to arrive. Ahhh, yes. Good times. Thanks to a lot of open windows, candles and O*ust, we were good to go at 6:00 p.m. Whew! And the party was a success.

We had church on Sunday morning, of course. (Thanks, Mom, for letting the girls wear their presents a little early. Leila begged to wear them.)

IMG_1160

Yesterday was my birthday, so Nolan and the girls took me out for a birthday lunch and my mom came to meet us. Then, I had to leave my own birthday lunch early so I could go shopping for some gifts for an afternoon neighborhood Christmas party.

Mia is looking as happy as can be standing next to her future husband. I joke, but at 3, I truly believe she has a mad crush on this cute little guy.20081207_22

Leila spilling more secrets to Santa #2 of the weekend.

Bob Santa2

Mia playing M&M Bingo on the floor.

20081207_88

Then, evening arrives, a little more birthday celebrating, some cake and ice cream and then I crash. Out like a light at 8:00 p.m. Is this what happens when you turn 38?

So, please tell me. How was your weekend? I think everyone's has to be just crazy busy this time of the year.

17 comments:

Missy said...

I love posts with tons of cute pictures : ) They were all just GREAT! I just love seeing your sweet girls.

I am glad you had a successful party and a great birthday!

Blessings!

Rydley said...

What cute matching outfits! Your girls are so photogenic.

Jia views Santa as a somewhat sketchy guy as well, so no lap-sitting for her either.

Happy birthday!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I counted two pandas... three if you include the ornament pictured in your blog header. Are you TRYING to make me covet?

Jboo said...

What a great weekend!! That was lots of holiday and birthday fun! Happy Birthday to you! Love your photos -- your girls are simply adorable.

Hope you have a great week.

Janet

Stefanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow, you sure snuck that in amidst all the business of your weekend :)
Love the girls outfits, I dress my girls alike as well and will for as long as they let me ;)

Ohilda said...

First of all, happy belated birthday, Michelle!

The girls look gorgeous in every picture. I LOVE how you dress them.

I also loved Mia's picture when you mentioned talking to Santa! Priceless!!!

And yes, I can't keep up with the holidays and all that needs to be done.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Tisha said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle! It looks like you had a wonderful birhtday weekend.

I just love this post! The girls look adorable in each shot. I laughed out loud at the picture of Mia with a bit of a pout. Every mother who has a child with a Santa phobia would chuckle at that one! I only fault you one thing: where is the picture of the b-day girl?! :) I hope you are rested up from such a great weekend.

Blessings,
Tisha

mommy24treasures said...

phew busy busy! But with fun fun outings!
The girls look gorgeous in their holiday attire.
Love the disgust face;)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday!!

That was a crazy busy weekend...oh my.....but it looks like everyone had a good time...and the girls look so adorable in their matching outfits....so cute!!

Hope this weekend is a little less crazy for you!!

Marla said...

Oh my, I cant believe you got all this in in just a weekend. I'm tired just reading.

The girls are so cute in matching outfits. Love Mia's look about the ole guy in red.

Happy birthday to you, and yes it gets this way when the years sneak up on us. :o)

Anonymous said...

The dresses, the stockings, the smile~ wow you have stunning girls!!!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle -

Definitely looks like you had a busy weekend - but a fun one!

I love Leila's AG apron in the first picture - I am almost positive it is American Girl anyway!!!

God Bless, Ashley

Leslie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Michelle!!!
I too went to bed on Sunday at 8pm. I can't remember the last time I went to bed that early. We had a busy weekend, but nothing like yours. I can see why Leila ha hand cramps...lol.

AND...Mia's face was so darling...She's so over Santa isn't she?

Sharon said...

38??? I've been going to bed at 8 since 32 or so..LOL. Happy Birthday!

Steffie B. said...

Our weekend was not nearly as fun as yours.....lol....the girls look darling in their matching outfits...
Hugs,
Steffie
P.S. I participated in the "eyes" theme this month...

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am tired just reading all of what you have going on ...lol ... your girls are just so cute in every picture !!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am tired just reading all of what you have going on ...lol ... your girls are just so cute in every picture !!!!