Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Star is Born. Make that Two.

Leila's elementary school had a carnival today with inflatables, tons of games and karaoke. Never in a million years would we have thought that Leila would do karaoke. She gets very shy and embarrassed in front of crowds, which is why we have put her in a few children's theatre classes in an attempt to build her confidence. We asked her several times early on if she wanted to sing with some friends and her answer was a very definite "NO!". Well, she completely surprised us later by saying that she wanted to give it a try. Nolan and I were so proud of her for getting up and singing - twice - in front of a very crowded caferia full of people! (Not lip-synching, which is what I would have done.) Mia, of course, had to join in the fun. If you could have only seen her singing and dancing! My funny, funny Mia.Mia kept trying to grab the microphone from one of the twins, so I gave her a sucker to sing into. How's that for quick mom thinking. :-)

OK, now this is the shot of the day. This just makes my heart smile. She doesn't have a clue what she's singing, but she doesn't care. (Please note the sucker microphone.) he he
We're so proud of you, Leila!

8 comments:

Young Creations said...

American Idol here they come.
Lauren

Keisha said...

Look out American Idol!! lol!!
Too cute!

mommy24treasures said...

how cute!

You feel free to use any of my ideas, I go to other places and get ideas for a page all the time!
The way I make the pics larger than blogger will post them is I go through flikr. Then I take the medium size code and paste it in the post instead of adding an image through blogger. It shows up larger that way. At first it seems like a little of a hassle but you get used to it and it just comes naturally. Plus I really like having all the pics on flikr now too.

missy said...

Too cute! Isn't it great when they are free spirited and just enjoy the moment? Adorable!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

American Idol is what I was thinking too!

Adele said...

Could she be any cuter? I just love that picture of her with her lollipop microphone and feather boa. What a diva! She is darling!

Rydley said...

Kudos to Leila for being so brave! And Mia is hilarious! Go Impromptu Mom!

Steffie B. said...

too cute.....stars in the making! lol