Friday, March 07, 2008

Exciting News & A Rockin' Concert

First of all, my brother and sister-in-law got some really exciting news this week! Check back in tomorrow to read all about it.

We went to the Casting Crowns concert last night and decided to take Leila with us. We had tickets in our company's suite, so on our way downtown, we were telling Leila about our seats in "the box." Poor Leila. We had her so confused. She just couldn't understand how we were going to sit in a box to watch the concert. :-)

Leila knows many of their songs, but preferred to put on her own little gymnastics show while we watched the concert. I LOVED the concert! In this photo, they had an artist on stage using just a bucket of paint and his hands to create a really cool picture. I just love Casting Crowns. I love the message of each song. On this topic, I have to tell a little secret about my husband... He doesn't listen to the words, or shall I say the story, of any song. He loves music, however. He likes the beat, he enjoys the vocals and he sings along to EVERYTHING, yet he doesn't hear the message. I, on the other hand, have been known to cry like a baby on many occasions just from hearing the lyrics of a beautifully-written song. I always quiz my husband after a very powerful song... "Honey, what was that about? Did you hear the story?" More often than not, the answer is "no" and I try to re-tell the story in my own words, yet I feel I can never do the song justice. Casting Crowns has some amazing songs that really make you think and feel. To me, this is what great music is all about.

(p.s. Honey - I love you dearly. We've been married for 13+ years and this just remains a mystery to me. :-) ) Here is the near-final masterpiece. His final addition was to add a Bible in between the man's hands.

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like a great concert! I am glad you enjoyed it so much and what great seats!
Can't wait to hear the news!;)

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :D What a wonderful family you have! I love Casting Crowns too:D

Ladybug hugs,
;D