Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fun in Chicago

My mom, Leila and I headed to Chicago for a fun girls weekend. We were going for a wedding, but I was able to plan a lot of American Girl activities during our free time. Do you ever have one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments? I have them all the time when I set foot in an American Girl Place or pick up an American Girl catalog. We saw the American Girl Revue on Saturday (loved it!), had brunch on Sunday (so much fun) and spent lots of time exploring the store. Leila took one of her Bitty Baby twins and headed home with a new "just like me" doll. I told my mom that I think I'm living vicariously through my daughter. I would have loved this stuff as a kid!
Of course all the dolls have a seat at the table.
Leila's new doll gets her hair done at the salon. (This was Leila's favorite part.)
Check out the matching outfits. Seriously... why didn't I think of this?

No comments: