Saturday, February 10, 2007

Is It My Turn Yet?

Who is the most popular girl in Leila's class? The answer: Mia. Mia is the new "it" girl in Leila's class. I'm sure it will wear off soon, but it's not just the girls, but boys, too, that rush to greet us at the door when we drop Leila off and pick her up from pre-school. On Friday, her class had a Valentine's Day party. We arrived a little early and Mia ended up being the entertainment. Leila walked around in circles holding Mia's hand, allowing all of her friends to take a turn holding her other hand. Don't be fooled by the photo. The boys joined in, too. "Be patient. I promise you'll each have a turn," Leila beamed with pride as she told her friends. Mia (and I) just giggled. I thought she would be bothered by all the touching and pulling, but she loved being the center of attention.

No comments: