Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day 3 with Mia

I'd like to start this post by saying how much Nolan and I both miss Leila. We're glad she's having fun at Grandpa and Grandma's, but we can't wait to see her and give her big hugs and kisses.

Today, I took a couple more baby steps with Mia, but I'm ready for taking big strides, as is Nolan who needs a break. She let me feed her a bottle today, although Nolan was holding her. There were some other small breakthoughs, but letting me feed her was the biggest. If Nolan and I ever adopt again, we have sworn to each other that I'm not going to be the one who takes her from her caregiver.

We went on a tour of the Zhongshan Mountain National Park this morning. Most of the pictures below were taken there. It was very pretty, although I'm sure it is even more beautiful in the Summer. Mia did lots of walking today - mostly holding daddy's hand, but some on her own.

One of the couples traveling with us were both feeling ill this morning and they had to take them to the local hospital in the middle of the night. The mother spent the entire day hooked up to an IV in the SOS Medical Clinic that is conveniently located inside this hotel. The father didn't feel well either and they are having to take care of their new baby. We all feel so badly for them. We had to take Mia to the medical clinic as well today. She has bronchitus. It's a good thing we didn't delay taking her. The doctor said that we might have had to delay our return flight to the U.S. if she hadn't started on her medication. One thing we know about Mia.... she doesn't like taking medicine.

We're off to a museum tomorrow that is next door to our hotel. It's one of the three largest museums in all of China.

1 comment:

mom said...

Michelle, Nolan, and Mia,

Thanks for letting me follow your journey. I love Mia's smile it is contagious. I hope to meet her soon. Hopefully everyone will start feeling better in Nanjing. ~Hugs, Missy