Thursday, August 24, 2006

Since we were already downtown for her hair appointment, we headed to COSI. One of Leila's favorite things to do at COSI is to play doctor. It was so funny. She was trying to take care of me and she kept telling me my heart was not "beeping." I love how she mixes up her words.

Also at COSI, there is a ride that spins and the bottom lowers and you stay stuck to the sides because of the force from spinning so fast. You may remember that ride from the county fair when you were a kid. I don't know what made me think I could ride it, but I thought we should give it a try. Definately a temporary lapse in judgement. Fortunately, there were only two other people on the ride with us because I had to scream, "Stop the ride!" at the top of my lungs about 10 times before the guy heard me and got it to stop. I was literally freaking out on this thing. I seriously don't know what would have happened if the ride had not stopped. After many apologies to the other two riders, Leila and I got off onto stable ground. I apologized to Leila for spoiling her ride and she said, "That's ok, mommy. I almost 'throwed' up all over you." Leila made me promise to never take her on that ride again. No worries. That promise will be easily kept. As I'm writing this, it's seven hours later and I still feel nautious.



S

No comments: